Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone!! I hope everyone is having a great time and feeling happy. I personally feel that’s the main thing: it’s your mental state that counts.
Even if you don’t have your loved ones with you to spend the holidays with, it’s how you feel inside that counts. No matter what, always try to stay positive and happy and every other thing will fall into place.
Yes!!!!! The New year is literally just a few days away and this is the period most people start setting goals for the new year, and that’s great, if there are things you want to accomplish in the year 2018, this is the time to start setting the goals and making plans.
Want to set goals for the new year but don’t know exactly what to do?
In this post, I will share with you 20 new year’s resolution ideas and 10 more ideas can also be found in my YouTube video, which I will link down below.
Let’s get to it>>>>
- START JOURNALING: This is a great way for you to pour out your thoughts and worries on paper or phone or even a blog. You don’t have to cloud your mind with so many information, write them down somewhere and sometimes while you write, you might just be able to find a solution to a problem you’ve been worrying about because now you are transferring it to paper and looking at it. Journaling also helps relieve stress and helps you remember things that you might have forgotten about. “The faintest pencil is better than the sharpest memory”.
- DO SOMETHING YOU’VE NEVER DONE BEFORE EVERY MONTH: It could be skydiving, meditation, running for a mile. Whatever it is you have never done before, write them down and pick one up every month and DO IT!
- TALK TO STRANGERS: Never leave a dead air for more than 5 seconds, communicate with strangers, get to know people. You might just be the one person that brightens up their day or even their life and you might just connect yourself with someone you’ll need in the future. That person could also have answers that you might need in life.
- STOP HITTING SNOOZE: Yes we are all definitely guilty of this! Try to never hit the snooze button this new year and notice what changes come about from this.
- SAY YES: Say yes to everything that scares you this coming year. You gotta step out of your comfort zone. “It is the cave that you fear, that will hold the treasure you desire”.
- EXERCISE: I’m pretty sure almost everyone sets this goal every single year. But this year, do this: pick a number of days that’s most comfortable for you ( any number from 1-3) and decide that you will go to the gym gym for those number of days per week and never go above that number every week. The goal here is consistency not intensity.
- PAMPER YOURSELF: We always remember to study and work but hardly do most of us remember to take care of ourselves. It’s time to put yourself first and pamper yourself. Take time out, at least once a month for self-care.
- BECOME TIDIER: Tidying up your space and being organized is extremely important, you’ll be surprised how the state of your environment affects your thought process and focus. The tidier your living space is, the tidier your mind. TIDY UP.
- KEEP IN TOUCH: I’m sure you can name about 5-10 people you’ve gradually stopped talking to, due to lack of communication. I know we all get busy and have our lives to live but what’s that live without family and friends? Endeavor to keep in touch with your loved ones as often as possible.
- TAKE MORE VITAMINS: A multivitamin is like an insurance policy, a daily guarantee to ensure your body gets the vitamins and minerals it needs. It can make up for the shortfalls that happen when you don’t get what you need through food or fruits.
- CHARGE FOR YOUR SERVICES: I’ve met several people who are great at their craft but are shy to charge for it. There is nothing wrong with earning money for something you love doing, even if they are family members, church members or even friends, charge for it and if they truly love you, they will support you.
- TAKE A DEFENSE CLASS: Being able to defend yourself is extremely important, especially in the world we live in today. Learn a form of defense, be it karate, kung fu, boxing, Taekwon-Do, kick-boxing, etc.
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE: Some people (especially those who live away from their home country) don’t even know the president/prime minister of that country. Do you know the rights you have as a habitat of the country where you live? Do you know the basic day-to-day rules? Endeavor to find out something new every once in a while.
- DO A WEEKLY REVIEW: At the end of every week, get a notepad and pen, sit down and think about how your week went. Were you on track with your goals? Did you accomplish all that you set out to do that week? Was there anything you avoided but should have done? And don’t forget to write down your accomplishments for the week.
- BE MORE EXPRESSIVE OF YOUR FEELINGS: Bottling up the way you feel wouldn’t do you any good. Be more open with your loved ones, it might be awkward for you at first but keep going, you’ll get used to it.
- CREATE AN EMERGENCY FUND: It’s important to save for the rainy days. Never spend all your income without putting at least 10% of it aside as saving.
- DONATE BLOOD: Several people in the hospitals each day, need blood to survive. So try donating some but make sure to get clearance from your doctor first.
- GIVE MORE COMPLIMENTS: If you see something nice on someone, compliment it. If someone is doing a particular task well, compliment them. Learn to notice and appreciate the good in everything you come across.
- DON’T BE TOO HUMBLE: Whenever you receive a compliment, don’t shy away from it or try to convince the person that you don’t deserve the compliment. Accept it!
- START: Did I save the best for last? Maybe. Start whatever it is you’ve been meaning to. JUST START.
Thank you all so much for reading. I hope everyone sets and accomplishes great things in the year of 2018.
For the remaining 10 new year’s resolution ideas, click on my video below and enjoy.